... on my little page - the home of my mp3 player Nemp.
Nemp is an Mp3 player for Windows with a strong media library for managing even larger music collections. Besides many standard features, Nemp also offers a few other functions that are not found everywhere, e.g.
- an integrated web server for remote control of the player, as well as some gadgets like
- a birthday function that automatically interrupts the playlist for a birthday song at the specified time.
Download directly here, more about the player on the Nemp page.
Nemp is open source software and optimized for Windows 7-10. It runs without installation and doesn't change anything at all in the music files without prior consent.
Fixed a bug that prevented Nemp from starting on some systems.
The main change is the variable layout of the main window, which can be adapted to your own requirements using the Form Designer. However, this caused further changes.
- redesign of the control panel, which is now more similar to those in other players and should therefore be more intuitive
- Controls for effects and equalizers moved to a separate window
- Control for main playback and headphones now share some control elements; toggle via the buttons on the left side of the control panel
- Removed the lyrics display for the current title. Instead, optional display of lyrics (instead of cover) for selected title in playlist and media list.
In addition, some changes to the skin system became necessary or useful.
- Background graphics can be defined for individual areas, with various options for alignment
- Adjustability of some further colors, also in " extended skin system ", e.g. the font color in the lists
- Bouncing bars in the taskbar preview removed. Instead more space for the title information and a small progress bar.
- Selection of sleep mode no longer via a deeply nested menu but via a separate window
- Minor changes to the display of titles in the playlist
- Deskband for Windows XP removed from the archive. It is still supported in principle, but since Nemp is no longer fully compatible with Windows XP, this is just unnecessary ballast.
Some small details required relatively extensive changes to the source code. I hope that everything works again - better than before.
- improved display of progress for longer lasting operations (updating library, searching lyrics, ...)
- using https instead of http (where it is possible)
- fixed and improved lyric search
- Party Mode is more restricted now, fixed some display issues
- a few mean bug fixes (some uncommon sequences of clicking buttons could have lead to crashing the player)
- fixed possible (but rather unlikely) data loss when getting lyrics or extended tags
- removing playlist files from the media library did not work
New in version 4.9.2
- Fixed some issues with the displayed titles in the media list
- setting how the display of “marked files” works
- Quicksearch saves now the 10 most recent search terms
- Display of the current IP adresses in the settings dialog of the web server
New in version 4.9.1
- Performance of the G15 display app significantly improved and thereby greatly reduced the CPU load.
New in version 4.9.0
- Memory-saving loading and saving of the media library. With that, a lot bigger music collections should be managable with Nemp - up to 1.000.000 titles should be no problem now.
- Log file for the playlist: When was which title played?
- Setting: Remove missing files from the media library on start
- new Skin ("Blue)" available
- "Remove missing files" removed always missing playlist files, even if the ones from devices currently not connected.
- fixed a possible Deadlock on "clear cover cache"
A new version with a few minor improvements
- Support for SoundFont files to play MIDI files.
- Marking of files possible (1/2/3). This is only stored in the media library, not in the ID3 tags
- For nerds: Parameter /close. Calling "nemp.exe /close" terminates the running instance. The previously added file CloseNemp.exe is no longer needed.
- Search slimmed down: no longer split into two lists for quick search, as well as "Refine Search" and "Extend Search" removed for detailed search
And directly a little bugfix update: When browsing playlists in the media library an error message popped up quite often.