... on my little page - the home of my mp3 player Nemp.
Nemp is an Mp3 player for Windows with a strong media library for managing even larger music collections. Besides many standard features, Nemp also offers a few other functions that are not found everywhere, e.g.
- an integrated web server for remote control of the player, as well as some gadgets like
- a birthday function that automatically interrupts the playlist for a birthday song at the specified time.
Download directly here, more about the player on the Nemp page.
About the Installer-Version 4.13.2b: The original version of the installer was detected as a Trojan by Windows Defender ("False positive). In version "b" I added my nickname to the name of the developer respectively manufacturer (i.e. my name). This was absurdly enough to prevent the antivirus heuristics from giving a false alarm.
Nemp is open source software and optimized for Windows 7-10. It runs without installation (if you wish) and doesn't change anything at all in the music files without prior consent. Since version 4.12 Nemp is offered as installation package by default. The old method (Zip archives) is also still available.
This is a slightly bigger update, with a few changes in Nemp's behavior in "special cases", some nice new features and a few bugfixes.
- The decision whether the settings are saved in the program directory or in the user directory is now made in a different way: Decisive is now the existence of the file UseLocalData.cfg in the Nemp folder.
The (portable) Zip-archive contains this file, the installer will install it according to your choice during the install process.
New features and enhancements
- Enhanced portability: Nemp now supports besides drive letter correction for external drives also installation in cloud directories by using relative paths in the media library (if possible). Both variants are optional. Both techniques are also fully supported in Nemp playlist format.
- Quick access to favourite playlists, including an editor and preview for these playlists.
- Improved Drag&Drop in the playlist. Copying files out of (or within) the playlist by holding down the Ctrl key.
- Better quality for covers in coverflow (configurable).
- Creation of QR codes for the URL of the web server, as well as some small improvements, changes and bugfixes on the web server
- Drag&Drop within the playlist of several titles simultaneously now moves all selected titles one after the other to the selected position.
- Nemp now behaves differently if the currently playing track is removed from the playlist. Next track is now the first entry of the playlist in this case.
- Handling of the search in the playlist changed. When typing, all hits are always marked with a symbol in the display, with F3 you can go through the hits, Enter plays the focused entry. As a “hidden feature” you can use Shift+Enter to select all hits and move them to a certain position in the playlist (or copy the files into a new directory).
- Under certain circumstances the playlist could not be saved
- Fixed some rare exceptions in the coverflow
Version 4.13.2 corrects a nasty bug that crept in during some changes for version 4.13. This could possibly cause data loss in the ID3 tag in individual titles when using the edit function in the main window (quick access to metadata required).
It is highly recommended to upgrade to this version when using version 4.13.
I try to improve little things with every version. But this time, there is a real new feature: Support for ReplayGain, so that tracks from different sources appear with the same (more or less) loudness. I hope it works as it should do. Nemp recognizes existing ReplayGain metadata in the files, but Nemp can calculate these values as well. However, this needs some time. Please read the documentation (F1) for further details.
Note: The Dutch and Russian translation files have not been updated yet. If you use these languages, some parts may appear in english for now.
New features in 4.13
- Support for ReplayGain: Automatically adjust the loudness of tracks from different sources
- Reworked window "File properties": Uniformly editing of metadata in different file formats, read/write support for more different chunks of data within the metadata, cover art for the media library can be changed
- Improved update notifier: Display some more information about the update
- New Skin: "Diablo"
- File format for *.gmp (media library) and *.npl-Files (playlists) changed. Media libraries and playlists created with Nemp 4.13 can't be opened with Nemp 4.12 or lower. Conversion to the new format will be done automatically.
- moved some dll-files to sub folders
- some improvements to the GUI (e.g. some tweaks in the display of the playlist, birthday notifier)
- "Track" can now be bigger than 255
- cover art in the taskbar preview wasn't properly scaled in some cases
- fixed some minor memory leaks
- fixed some possible errors on some playlist operations while a background thread on the media library is running
- fixed a possible (but very unlikely and rare) crash while removing all files from the playlist
- some adjustment on parts of the code regarding meta data
There was another little bug like in version 4.11.1 which caused trouble on some systems. Now this kind of error should really not occur anymore ...
Version 4.12.2b makes just a few GUI adjustments for a better fit of the new russian translation, which is also now included.
fixed possible exception while scanning for new files
News/Changes in Version 4.12
- Smoother scanning of metadata: the player remains responsive while searching for new files.
- Added "Wobble Playback" to the effects
- When re-reading all files, the main window behaved strangely with regard to resizing.
- Under certain circumstances it came to an unnecessary download of Coverart from the Internet
- Under very rare circumstances, parts of the metadata were unexpectedly overwritten.
- fixed icon for playlists in explorer, and (kinda) file type registration
Fixed a bug that prevented Nemp from starting on some systems.
The main change is the variable layout of the main window, which can be adapted to your own requirements using the Form Designer. However, this caused further changes.
- redesign of the control panel, which is now more similar to those in other players and should therefore be more intuitive
- Controls for effects and equalizers moved to a separate window
- Control for main playback and headphones now share some control elements; toggle via the buttons on the left side of the control panel
- Removed the lyrics display for the current title. Instead, optional display of lyrics (instead of cover) for selected title in playlist and media list.
In addition, some changes to the skin system became necessary or useful.
- Background graphics can be defined for individual areas, with various options for alignment
- Adjustability of some further colors, also in " extended skin system ", e.g. the font color in the lists
- Bouncing bars in the taskbar preview removed. Instead more space for the title information and a small progress bar.
- Selection of sleep mode no longer via a deeply nested menu but via a separate window
- Minor changes to the display of titles in the playlist
- Deskband for Windows XP removed from the archive. It is still supported in principle, but since Nemp is no longer fully compatible with Windows XP, this is just unnecessary ballast.